FIRST is a terrific program that has touched hundreds of thousands of students around the world. But Dean Kamen (and we) cannot rest there. Because the program is so valuable, it must continue to expand, enabling us to connect with more students, more potential mentors, new sponsors, and the media.
So how can you get involved?
- If you’re a Lakeland student or teacher and think you might want to take part, stop by Room 302 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a place for everyone on our team. No prior experience is necessary, we just ask that you are willing to work!
- If you’re a non-Lakeland student or teacher, check here to see what teams and events are in your area. If your school doesn’t have an FRC team, why not click here and see about starting one?
- If you’re an engineer or other professional and would like to lend us a hand, send us an email (email@example.com). Or you can look for teams closer to home.
- If you’re a business owner, think about sponsoring us!
- Any and all interested parties should come to an FRC event. It’s amazing to see what a bunch of talented, dedicated kids can pull off, and the competitions are always exciting. It will also give you a better feel for the way the program operates. Plus, attendance is free! Click here for a list of regional events, and let us know if you’re coming to the NJ or Philadelphia Regionals, which we will be attending. We hope to see you there!
More information about getting involved can be found on the FIRST website.